Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferrets not getting along
crittermom

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Ferrets not getting along - Saturday, August 17, 2019 6:02 PM
I recently adopted two male ferrets.  I already had two females.  Both females are older (4-5 yrs?).  I kept them in separate cages for approx. 1 week and let them out to play at different times.  The females met the males through the cage and all seemed fine.  I introduced them all and one of the females went over to one of the males and immediately grabbed him by the neck and shook him.  Then she went to the other male and did the same thing.  She has had male room mates before and has always gotten along with all other ferrets.  I have let them in the same room several times since and the same thing happens.  What could be going on that she doesn't like these two males? The other female has no problem with the males.  She sleeps with them, eats next to them, etc.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Woozle Commander

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 3
Re:Ferrets not getting along - Tuesday, September 10, 2019 7:36 PM
I feel your pain, crittermom...oh how I feel it. I'm trying to figure these guys out myself. In fact, I'm about to lay a question on the forum and hope we both can get some help. I'm learning the hard way that She-Ferrets get pretty darned vicious! The tinier, the more explosive.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread