Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 sneezing / coughing any ideas?
Ferretsdk

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
sneezing / coughing any ideas? - Friday, March 15, 2019 9:41 PM
Hey all.

I got a Ferret that has been sneezing alot over the last 2-3 weeks sometimes he dosent sneeze for 12-18 hours and then sometimes he can sneeze 3-4 times in an hour and it can last 2-3 mins before it stops, sometimes there is some clear nasal dischage, other then that he acts normal, eat and drink normal, stool/urin is normal, not losing weight, so pretty much look like a normal ferret. 

First i thought it might be the flu or something but that dont last this long, so i took him to the vet after the first week, the vet said that it was proberly a problem with a tooth causing sinusitis, so 2 days ago i took him to an animal dentess that removed a really bad tooth, but hes still sneezing not sure how long it takes for sinusitis to be gone after the tooth has been removed if that really is the reason for the sneezing, so yeah iam still worried.

He is ofc on antibiotics and has been for 10 days and will be for anoter 4 days or so.

Ive been reading up on the net and there is not many things that fit the signs other then congestive heart failure, so would like to hear from people who knows about that or have had a ferret with the same symptoms and what you found out about it, i live in a country where there barely is any vets that knows anything about ferrets so any info will be good.

<message edited by Ferretsdk on Friday, March 15, 2019 9:43 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message