Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 FaeFerret- Hello!
FaeFerret

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
FaeFerret- Hello! - Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:04 AM

Hello, I've been looking for an active forum, and am glad to be here. 
We've recently adopted my spouse's first and my :mumble, runs out of fingers: ferrets. He's delighted with them, I'm relieved to say, they've relaxed his uptight tidy freak inside, and after losing a few elder cats over the years (a couple of whom were ferret buddies), I'm glad to be back to a ferret household.

I'm a bit opinionated, but I do my best to remain civil in the most heated differences. I get Very Serious about the negatives of owning ferrets, not to scare anyone off, but out of my love for what's best for the ferrets. I get so angry and heartbroken over the many "we just don't have time for them anymore," "the kids don't play with them anymore," or the classic "moving and can't take them with us" excuses. Seriously, I want to ask if they'd do that with a child?!
Okay, nuff said, for the positives, I can't say enough really. My newest have literally saved my life, because living with severe med-resistant depression, they give me a reason to get up and live. Who can be sad for long watching them play, and take such joy in playing together and with their humans, amirite?

So, will soon post pics of Josie (~6-7 mo old female) and young Jessie (~4 mo old female, and my spouse's sweetheart). 
bandit99
Re:FaeFerret- Hello! - Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:47 PM
Member in blocked list
FaeFerret

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:FaeFerret- Hello! - Sunday, September 16, 2018 7:12 PM
Thank you. 
Absolutely, they're super. My second's name was Bandit LOL...not for a mask, he was a DEW with bad adrenal, but for the fact that we rescued him from a driver at a truck stop, and since we were OTR drivers ourselves with a masked female named Trouble, we named him for "rollin' with the Bandit"  That was in 89-90, and after I left the road, there were a succession of them through my home until about 2001. So after 17 years with only cats I'm so glad to have the little critters back in my life. As with my others, they are mostly free-roam, and we plan to travel with them, just like my first two. :)

tort
Re:FaeFerret- Hello! - Tuesday, September 18, 2018 5:33 AM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:FaeFerret- Hello! - Friday, September 21, 2018 6:12 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages