Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease?
Faye0731

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Best treatment for male ferret with adrenal disease? - Sunday, March 04, 2018 4:02 PM
About a week ago I rescued a ferret, Neumann, with adrenal disease. He is supposedly 3-4 years, and he is a Marshall's ferret. He has adrenal disease so he has lost 90% of his hair (he has some left on his feet and head). He was pretty skinny when I took him in, but he eats like a pig now and already has gained half a pound (: I took him to an exotic vet Friday and they put him on 1 mg of Melatonin daily, but she also mentioned putting him on a Lupon injection as well as a ferritonin implant as other options (she said to start off with the melatonin and see how it goes). She estimated that he has about 1-2 years left to live. I was curious as to what the best course of treatment for him would be? I know a lot of male ferrets who with adrenal disease develop prostate issues as well, and I read that Lupon would help that. What would you suggest? I just want him to have the best quality of life possible. He is a sweetheart and deserves the best. Any advice? Thank you in advance!! 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread