Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Farrets and cats
Ticcay32

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Farrets and cats - Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:13 AM
we have a question, we were wondering if we could should get a farret while we have 4 cats?
KrazeyLady

• Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 1
Re:Farrets and cats - Thursday, December 28, 2017 10:00 AM
Until recently I had 2 large dogs, 4 cats and several ferrets. My ferrets did live out in the barns in special cages but were allowed to roam free during the day. I had to lock them up at night as I live in a very rural area and was worried about them going feral or getting caught by foxes/traps or poison. I had no problem with the other animals. My problem was that the ferrets became addicted to the dry dog food and would terrorize the other animals to get at the dog bowls. In my case I found the cats and dogs were more frightened of the ferrets than the little furbies were of the larger animals. Sadly I don't have any ferrets at the moment but would have no problems with getting more and running them with the cats.
tort
Re:Farrets and cats - Thursday, December 28, 2017 4:46 PM
Member in blocked list
terrydrum

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Farrets and cats - Sunday, July 01, 2018 10:50 PM

[font=""work sans"; font-size: 17px; letter-spacing: -0.1px"]Ferrets and cats often get along well although it does depend on the temperaments of all involved. Cats will often play with ferrets and vice versa and ferrets can usually hold their own against cats. There are definite exceptions though, so supervise play sessions very closely until you are assured that both your ferret and your cat will be fine (and even then you should be close by to watch over them). Ferrets can actually be a little tough on cats, especially kittens, so don't let a grown ferret play with a kitten without close supervision.

Ticcay32

we have a question, we were wondering if we could should get a farret while we have 4 cats?

harleysha282

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Farrets and cats - Sunday, October 07, 2018 6:44 AM
I have 2 stray cat at home, sometimes they stay indoor if the weather outside is cold or rainy. Most of the time, they stay outside and I considered them as outdoor cat. Thank you for all of the tips and advice, I guess maybe my cats will accept a new guest and does not bother about a new kid in the block.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread