Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Don't give up
celestine

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Don't give up - Thursday, November 23, 2017 12:03 AM
I made a horrible mistake. Please forgive me baby girl. I’m human.

Yesterday at 9:30 am I took a load of laundry out of the washer. A 35 minute cycle complete with downy. As I took out the huge blanket, Bebe fell to the floor. She just turned a year old a couple months ago and she is my last ferret. My other two passed a year ago within two months of each other. They lived a long happy life. She was lifeless and resembled a drowned large rat. Now I could of just sat down and balled my eyes out. I didn't. I scooped her up and raced to the kitchen. I held her upside down and patted the top part of her back vigorously. I was screaming "breathe, breathe:. over the kitchen sink. No response. I laid her on the counter on her back and lifted her arms above her head and pushed lightly up from her tummy to her neck. Nothing. I covered her entire face in my mouth and breathed into her. The air had difficulty finding her lungs. I spoke to her the entire time. Told her to just breathe baby, please. Tears streamed down my face. I picked her up and shook her quite hard. Wait! Was that a breath? Did I imagine it? I found a small straw in the cutlery drawer, laid her on her back and tilted up her head. Inserted the straw  about an inch ever so gently. I heard it. I heard the air escaping. I breathed little puffs into her. She began to cough. I removed the straw and helped her as much as I could to breathe on her own. I wrapped her in a small electric blanket turned on 2 . I had easy access to continue to pat, rub and shake her. We struggled like that for over a hour. I could feel her through the blanket when her breathing would become difficult I’d step in. I didn’t know what I was doing. I would have done anything just to see her breathe. Hour 2 came and went. She hung on. I had two other crisis's going on at the same time. I gave them very little of my attention. I was focused on Bebe big butt. That was her name. I felt devastated that I had not seen her in the blanket. That I had not checked it before I put it in the washer. That I could be so irresponsible, careless. I prayed to the patron saint of animals whoever he/she was. By noon she was beginning to cough up fluids. Very little at first. The deeper she could breathe the more she coughed up. Some was blood tinged. I wasn’t sure what the cause was but it was fresh. The next 6 hours saw little improvements. She raised her head when I called her name. Check off, she isn’t deaf. I was alone at home so I had all the time in the world to focus on her. By 10 that night she had taken a bit to drink but was far too weak to stand so I fed her with the baby eye dropper. I noticed when she raised her head she had severe tremors. She stayed with me on my lap all night. I did not sleep. At 7am I left her on the chair( the other times I took her with me) to go to the bathroom. I came back and no Bebe. I was only gone minutes. I turned over the living room. Two hours later I found her in the spare room buried between 3 blankets. Her squeaky toy had done the trick. She walked to me. She could not walk in a straight line. She fell over multiple times. I picked her up and brought her back to the living room. I didn’t talk to anyone this entire time. By 11 am she was eating kibble from my hand and drinking on her own. She could only eat for a minute. Everything exhausted her. By 3 pm she was wanting down. She did her usual ferret OCD rituals. She saw me getting the raisins and stumbled to where I was. Check, she isn’t blind. At 5pm Devon came home from school and he was the first person I told. I cried. I felt so ashamed and guilty. He got up and hugged me and we both stood there hugging each other and crying. I REALLY needed that. Bebe got up and ate and drank then promptly went back into her kennel and cozied up in her giant green frog slipper.
I have not slept since about 4am Monday morning. I am not tired. I am grateful. She may have permanent damage to gawd knows what. Her spine spinning around the drum, maybe hitting her head, maybe fluid in her ears. Any of those can cause the inability to walk straight. She certainly isn’t bothered by it.
The morale to this is check the washer BEFORE you start it and please DO NOT EVER STOP TRYING unless rigor has set in.

PS
She smells really good.
She is so FLUFFY.

Update Wednesday November 22, 11:59 pm est
One would never know just a few days ago she suffered great trauma and was for all purposes, dead.
She is exactly as she was a week ago except for slight head tremors when walking.
She gets better by the hour
bandit99
Re:Don't give up - Thursday, November 23, 2017 6:32 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Don't give up - Sunday, November 26, 2017 4:06 PM
Member in blocked list
Texasy

• Total Posts : 40
Re:Don't give up - Monday, August 31, 2020 4:58 AM
Modafinil stimulates dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin and histamine chemical activities, according to the journal of Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience. https://afinil.com/nootropics/cheap-artvigil-150-mg/ not only stimulates dopamine and norepinephrine production, but impacts dopamine levels in some ways.

waklerts

Re:Don't give up - Friday, March 11, 2022 2:08 AM

Armodafinil is U.S. FDA-Approved for the treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and shift work disorder. It is commonly used off-label to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, chronic fatigue syndrome, and major depressive disorder. It has been shown to improve vigilance in air traffic controllers. Armodafinil has a longer half-life than modafinil does that’s why this is more effective at buy Modalert  online mproving wakefulness in patients with excessive daytime sleepiness. 

Brand Modafinil Name:- Modafinil is also trading under the various brand names such as Alertec, Alertex, Altasomil, Aspendos, Forcilin, Intensit, Mentix, Modafinil, Modafinilo, Modanil, Modasomil, Modiodal, Modiwake, Movigil, Resotyl, Stavigile, Vigia, Vigicer, Vigil, Vigimax, Wakelert and Zalux.
Abdulin

• Reward points : 10
Re:Don't give up - Wednesday, March 22, 2023 5:15 AM
When you play the avatar game, you may have trouble getting started. However, don't give up. With just a little patience, you will be able to go further with the character Jake Sully in this game.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread