Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Goose got his wings
GOOSE208

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Goose got his wings - Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:19 PM
I would have never thought I would have been so lucky to have Goose for 9 years. NINE years. And not once did I ever have to take him to the vet for any health issues. Goose was a store bought Marshalls. My husband and I first saw him in the pet store and he was just a baby. After a while of falling all over him there, Dave tried to tell me- in a nice way - that I "didnt need a ferret". And we left the store. So with the seed planted, I knew he was there and figured I would go back alone and scoop him up. But Dave beat me to it, unknowingly. He walked in the door a day later and said "Your baby's out in the car in a box". I dont need to tell you how thrilled I was. Goose was mine. Goose was ours. That was just the beginning of my ferret "addiction", if you will. Of course he needed a friend, which led to finding Ortley on Craigslist. Some came from shelters and rescues, too. There was Tutu, Handsome Jay, Sumo, Si, Nora, Garnett, Lennox, Graylee, and Tag- my last single ferret. He is also up in age, at least 8 years. Another Craigslist rehome. (and a few "fosters" that actually made it to a new home before I failed) I had my heart broken over and over again, saying good bye to each and every one that left before Goose. My only ferret to leave on "her terms and God's" was Graylee. I woke up one morning and she had passed. I often hoped that would be the way that Goose would go. But it wasnt meant to be. I guess in a way Im lucky since I did get to kiss him good bye, and tell him how lucky I was to have him. I held him right up to the moment God opened the gate for him, and he ran across that bridge to see his buddies again. I asked my Mom to take good care of him up there. I know I will see each and every single one again, some day. Fly high, Goober. You have no idea how big the hole in my heart is. You have lots of catching up to do with your pals. And Mom knows how much you meant to me, so Im sure she will keep you all safe. Tag will miss you, too. And he will get all the extra love you left behind. Until we meet again, Scooby Doobs Goobs. Love and miss you Goose.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread