Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is my ferret sick? If so, what is he sick with? How can I help?
Huntercat

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Is my ferret sick? If so, what is he sick with? How can I help? - Sunday, March 26, 2017 11:19 AM
I just got a new ferret yesterday. He is fixed and eight months old. I just found out yesterday that he is deaf (blaze marking). 

Some symptoms are:
>Frequent sneezing
  -I just vacuumed my (carpeted) room in case the dust was bothering him but he continues to sneeze
>Scratching
  -He scratches behind his ears (they're clean) and his lower back
>Not very playful
  -He is very friendly (hasn't nipped or bitten at all, loves to cuddle) but doesn't seem very interested in his toys
>His poop is solid but slightly watery OR almost clumpish
  -Dark brown with some lighter, orangish tones
  -I'm in the process of litter training him and when he backs into a corner I put him in his litter box. It takes a few times though because he gets up, walks around his cage, then moves back to the corner he was originally in (his box is in a corner)
>He seems to only wake up to walk around for 5 to 10 minutes or to go to the bathroom, but not to play.
>Loss of appetite?
  -When I first got him, he didn't eat the entire night though I put out his food (the original owner gave me a bag) and water

His litter is shredded newspaper and his food (I plan on giving him more meat) is a high quality adult cat food. Please let me know what you think. If you need more details, let me know

bandit99
Re:Is my ferret sick? If so, what is he sick with? How can I help? - Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:55 PM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Is my ferret sick? If so, what is he sick with? How can I help? - Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:21 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message