Litter and cage

Rosie711
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Litter and cage - Monday, February 20, 2017 4:55 AM
Hey, newbie here!  I've worked in a pet shop that had a ferret surrendered to us and we kept him as a store pet.  I fell in love.  Five years later I'm getting two fuzzbutts, one female and one litter mate.  They will be very young.  I know they are not coming from a marshall's breeder so they may or may not come on Marshall Diet.  I have a cage set up right now that is capable of having three layers and two hammocks, but I have it set as just one shelf under which there are two litter pans with newspaper pellets, and the bottom of the cage is lined with carefresh.  I have hammocks rigged so there are three tiers. My reasoning here is I figure it will help them learn to toilet on the ground floor in the boxes before I add the shelves back..  Question, if I use blankets on the bottom level and then litter in the pans will they avoid the bedding and hit the boxes?  I also wonder what the best diet to switch them to is.  I've heard about wysong and Orijen.  I have marshalls at the moment but don't plan to use it unless I am transitioning them.  I don't plan to feed raw right away.  So.. potty training and diet.  Thanks.  

bandit99
Re:Litter and cage - Monday, February 20, 2017 7:57 AM
Member in blocked list