Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ferret trouble walking
CB

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Ferret trouble walking - Tuesday, February 02, 2016 1:28 PM
I have a 3 year old ferret at home that doesn't seem to be doing well. About 3 weeks ago we noticed she was limping, holding one leg up close to her chest. She didn't get better the next day so I called a local vet and took her in the very next day. The morning of the vet visit, she acted 80% better and was starting to put weight back on her front leg, but still had a slight limp and wasn't moving as fast as normal. I took her to the vet, he checked her out by feeling her leg and she didn't seem in pain at all until he felt around her shoulder. He said nothing was broken, and since she was doing better, he felt she had just wrenched her leg and it would heal up in about a week. She did get better with each passing day, but a couple of days ago we noticed that once again she just stayed in bed. We kept her quite over the past couple of days, but now she can hardly stand on her legs, if she moves, she keeps her stomach to the floor and sort of drags herself. I have called the vet again, but they can't see her until Friday. Anyone with any thoughts on what is going on? Not sure why should get better, only to get down back again so bad. Thanks.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread