Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 A few questions from a new owner
Fergal

• Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
A few questions from a new owner - Sunday, October 04, 2015 10:17 AM
Hi all I am a new Ferret owner of 5 days. Fergal is his name and he is a three month old Kit. I have a few questions which I would appreciate answering please: 1. Litter training - He hasn't picked it up yet and on advice of others I am putting his mess into the tray wherever possible so he gets it. However, he continues to go in the wrong corner. Is this just a case of keep doing what I am doing? It is difficult to catch him and put him into the box. He has a three story cage but I have blocked off two levels until he gets it. However, I don't like keeping him on one level and would rather not do it for much longer. 2. Nipping - He has a habit for this, always playful and never aggressive. He hasn't drawn blood. I am spraying my hands and using a cat carrier as a naughty step. He nips more when it's the end of playtime rather than when I let him out. Again, should I continue to do more of the same? 3. I plan to get him neutered. Is three months too early? I'll also get him the distemper vaccine. I am hoping that you guys will tell me that he will grow out of the bad toilet training and nipping. It is proving hard work to clean up after him all of the time! Thanks in advance and I look forward to contributing more to the forum

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread