strange poo?? food related??

dirtautoguy
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
strange poo?? food related?? - Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:35 PM
our ferret Farro has recently been pooping alot or it seems like it numerically. sometimes a normal amount and sometimes its like a small string. it has a little bit of mucous in it. I wondered about a blockage but he still plays and jumps and is happy like nothing is wrong. we did take him on a trip the other day and he did have diareah for about half a day and then it got solid and now it is what it is now. sometimes mostly normal and sometimes stringy. iv looked at other forums but I cant find anything quite like this if I can get a pic soon ill post it. none of his poop has been very well formed. its mostly been just kind of a pile. my other thought is could it be food related we are feeding him wysong and zupreem mix. thanks for the help

wenmister
Re:strange poo?? food related?? - Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:11 PM
Member in blocked list

dirtautoguy
Re:strange poo?? food related?? - Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:50 PM
we do give him treats. not to often though only when he obeys commands like come, bed time, and stand up. or right now when he uses his litter box outside of his cage. we use ferravite for his treat and we have to either order it or go out of town to get it so we did have to improvise with very small amounts of oatmeal cookie for about a 2 days at the beginning of last week. we have been feeding him this food since we got him but it never has been very well formed. here is a pic of his most recent poo.
<message edited by dirtautoguy on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:54 PM>
Attached Image(s)

wenmister
Re:strange poo?? food related?? - Thursday, September 24, 2015 8:08 AM
Member in blocked list

dirtautoguy
Re:strange poo?? food related?? - Thursday, October 01, 2015 1:13 PM
the biggest problem we have is that we cant get him to like any other treat but that :(. our newest ferret wont touch ferravite. I did some research and apparently wysong changed there recipe and its fairly common now for ferrets to have abnormal poo with it. so we might try a different food. he acts fine and eats/drinks like normal. so we might just try a different mix. we have tried several different treats but he doesnt like them the picky little buggar.

wenmister
Re:strange poo?? food related?? - Thursday, October 01, 2015 4:16 PM
Member in blocked list