Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Our Sweet boy has Lymphoma!!!
wacferret

• Total Posts : 92
  • Reward points : 0
Our Sweet boy has Lymphoma!!! - Tuesday, April 07, 2015 7:15 PM
We took the business to the Vet on Thursday for a wellness exam, they are all getting up there in age so we expected something. Morgan had a bad ear infection over the summer almost lost her to it, Captain has an enlarged spleen (even a non-medical person can feel it)So when the vet said she felt something on Pirate's kidneys we were shocked, we had him since he is 6 weeks old and did everything your supposed to do, right foods, no sweets/veggies, right environment. Ultrasound shows mass tumors on his kidneys and possibly his spleen too. The Dr even said it was the last thing she would have expected based on their overall condition and age. Pirate will be 8 on May 20th and aside from this has never had any health issues. We will NOT put him through the torture of chemo/radiation, I have seen 1st hand what it does to those you love and as humans they can choose to do it or stop, animals can't tell you when they have had enough. We did not do any further tests or procedures yet, we may do so moving forward, still reeling from the shock. We are not sure what to do yet if we want to make him comfortable (meds and supplements)or fight it full force (surgery). At the moment he is on 3 meds for the next 21-30 days then we go back for a follow up, he absolutely HATES THEM! Giving him meds is torture for him and us. We wrap him in a towel (like a lil ferret burrito) scruff him and even mix the meds with some chicken juice and it is as if we were trying to kill him, and it KILLS US to do it! I've been doing some research (with some help THANKS MARIE!) and have come across a few things that I would ask your advice/opinions on. Coconut oil not as a cure but as an aid for digestion, and boost to immune system. Any Thoughts, Insights, Ideas, Experiences? Has anyone ever heard of or used Essiac? Read a few good things, but looking for more input. We are looking for alternatives to just Pred. and the typical meds vets prescribe. We were also considering using Cannabis oils as a treatment for the cancer (brother-in-law uses it as chemo/radiation are no longer an option for him). I would use the High CBD hemp oils and NOT an oil high in THC (THC is the stuff that gets you high, CBDs fight cancer and boost immune system). I have seen an article or 2 about its use in dogs/cats but so far nothing with ferrets. Anyone ever hear about its use or use it with their fuzzy? ANY suggestions, ideas, experiences are welcome and appreciated. Thank you I will be sure to post our findings, treatments and any updates.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread