Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Help! Abscesses! Advice needed
Roorximadinosaur

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Help! Abscesses! Advice needed - Friday, March 27, 2015 5:25 AM
Hi, I normally don't do this but I'm at such a loss, I need some advice from experienced ferret owners
I have a 5-6ish old ferret, rescued a few years ago, named Gustavo. He is very loving, energetic, and happy. He is also a Marshalls ferret..
About 6 weeks ago, I noticed a small growth at the base of his tail near his anus. It doubled in size overnight to I rushed him to the vet. They determined it was an abscess, lanced it, put him on a supplement to help his skin and weight, and antibiotics/steroids. 3 weeks later, as soon as the wound healed it developed again. However it was a Friday night. The vets assistant said to watch it and ring him Monday. Tit ruptured over Sunday night, so they cleaned it, have him another shot of antibiotics. They then gave him a laser treatment on the site, which has helped. But that night he vomitted, so I took him back and they found his stomach was tense and gave him something to help with that's then we found blood in his ears so they gave him drops. I brought him back Wednesday, and they gave him a clean bill of health, after 7 vet trips.

Well, that night I found another abscess of the opposite side of his rumpZ I'm going back to the vet tomorrow to trea it, however it seems he may just keep getting them and I don't have any sort of diagnosis. 

Any ideas at all? This has gotten really expensive really fas.
I'm very tired writing this, sorry
<message edited by Roorximadinosaur on Friday, March 27, 2015 3:27 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages