Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Help~New Ferret Questions!
Jug

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
Help~New Ferret Questions! - Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:07 PM

Hello all,

Yesterday I got a baby male ferret (perhaps a month old~accurate age is not known) from MonsterPets. He is a Path Valley farm ferret and I was told that it is strongly recommended that he stays on the Path Valley farm kibble diet for at least 1 year. I would like to keep him on this diet until he is at least 2-3 months old since he likes it so much (I mix it with 8 in 1 wet ferret food for now but would love to switch him to raw later on), but do I absolutely HAVE to keep him on this diet for 1 year? I was also told I can switch him to another food very slowly but if something goes wrong he can "get very sick". What do you guys think of this? Is this true?
If Path Valley farm kibble is so nutritious and fortified with everything a ferret needs, how come the third ingredient is cooked corn? They cannot digest vegetables.

Also, I really would like to give him a little bath, he still has that smelly pet store smell. Is it wise to do that at his age? I wouldn't dunk him in the tub or anything, but just a little spot bath?

Please enlighten me on some things, I am a little confused. I have two other, older female ferrets (Marshall Farm ferrets) that I did not encounter these issues with.

Thanks!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message