Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Attempting to introduce ferrets
Melie

• Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
Attempting to introduce ferrets - Monday, February 02, 2015 9:50 PM
As I stated previously, we have a new member named Jazmine, her vet check came out clear. We just needed to get some flea stuff for both Munchkin and Jazmine because unfortunately she came from a house of animals. 

We introduced the two of them before and Jazmine scruffed Munchkin, but then it just became Munchkin crouching down, and acting sloth-like but for the most part just seemed to want to get away. Eventually Jazmine would lose interest.

Tonight however, for the 4th introduction I had them together and Jazmine was licking Munchkin and climbing on him, and almost within a second I noticed Munchkin get up and go after her. Jazmine started making loud noises, and they both jumped at each other, but I saw Munchkin have the upper hand as Jazmine was backing up cornering herself. I had to intervene and pulled them apart. I noticed poop after I picked Munchkin up.

I believe it was Jazmines because of where it was on Munchkin (it goes EVERYWHERE). I cleaned him up, and went to clean Jazmine up (and the rest of the area) and I noticed she had a small red mark (almost like teeth marks) on her back, I applied some polysporine just in case. I think Munchkin got her.

I know it takes time to introduce, and I know the saying of "no blood, no poop, no foul" but as it turns out, the introduction was going to take longer than I presumed.

Any extra tips, experiences that you guys had have before? Anyone else experienced it?

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread