Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pawing at the mouth
Melie

• Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
Pawing at the mouth - Friday, January 16, 2015 12:14 PM
My guy has been pawing at the mouth for quite some time now. We have tried anti-biotics, ear drops, checked his teeth and I have even changed his diet. Nothing has been working. I have yet another vet appointment on Monday for him where I am going to be discussing his BG and hopefully get his started on pred if that is the issue.

What makes me think it might not be his bg is because it happens ALOT after he drinks water or around the time he goes for his water. He will scratch at his food dish and his water bowl (I also have a water container that he can lick too)

I am thinking it might be something with his stomach, or his teeth even though the vet said his teeth look fine. I am going to get her to check out his teeth again.

There is no way that something IS NOT going on with him. He is not the ferret he used to be. I know he is older but it's not normal to be pawing at the mouth as much as he does. Sometimes he can go a week without doing it, and other times it is everyday.

I just want to help him.

The reason for posting this is because I took a video of what he does, when he paws at his mouth and maybe someone has recognized it before and maybe have another assumption. 

http://youtu.be/uSp_qiFfsZw 

Thanks in advance.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages