Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Simon, the foam and sock eater.
simonsparents

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Simon, the foam and sock eater. - Saturday, December 13, 2014 1:16 PM
Brian and I have found that Simon, the 10 week old kit, enjoys to munch on socks a couple days ago. Our vet is out of town until Tuesday and did not seem concerned about it - He just told us Metamucil and oils will help it pass. We no longer see the aforementioned socks in his stool anymore, but we want to make sure we help it move completely out of his system. He seems to always target fabric items in his play area and NOW he likes to dig in his hidey hole turtle and eat the foam in the bottom of that.

Basically, our question, as new baby ferret owners, is what can we do to help the things he has eaten pass easily? Also, could this be a sign of potential boredom if he is chewing on the bottom of his turtle home? He has played in it and slept in it just fine up until yesterday - I noticed the turtle had missing foam pieces from the bottom and I found extra pieces scattered in his cage.

Anyway, we are new to this forum and to ferret parenting and we are looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Thank you!
Brian and Tabitha 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages