Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nipping feet and clothing
Fen

• Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
Nipping feet and clothing - Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:06 PM
My new kit, Luna, has been fantastic at learning not to nip my hands - thanks to crate training she almost never does it anymore. But, she's constantly play biting at my feet and clothing, so I'm not entirely sure what to do. Whenever I walk around, she chases after me and pounces on my feet (adorable) and nips at them (not so adorable). And as I continue walking, I think she misinterprets it for playing, and it just gets her more excited. Plus, she'll bite my pant legs and hang on, and when I'm sitting on the sofa and she comes to join me, she'll bite my sleeves and other parts of my clothing.

Are there any suggestions for this? I saw on another thread here that Bitter Apple is good for foot biters, so I plan on getting that, but I'd rather not spray that all over my clothing. Should I also be crating her for biting my feet and clothes? 

Lastly, I think she may be deaf, so I don't think hissing and saying "no" will do anything. She'll be having her first vet visit in a few weeks, so I'll find out for sure if she's deaf or not then.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread