Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets?
Pets4Life101

• Total Posts : 43
  • Reward points : 0
Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 10:30 AM
So, I am a ferret mommy soon to be. I have done years worth of research on these wonderful creatures, so no worries there! But I am facing a problem... I don't know of any pet stores in NC (this is where I'll move to) 

Could anyone inform me of pet stores that sell PVF? I know they tend to more aggressive than Marshall (but healthier). But I DID meet this one sweet little Kit (at Jack's in Ohio) who didn't bite and gave kisses! Unfortunately, I couldn't  buy her at this time...

I know it's more humane to adopt from shelters, so please don't lecture me...I just wish to buy two, sweet little healthy babies from a pet store. I hope that doesn't sound selfish...I just find it within my dreams to raise little babies. 

Why I don't want to buy from a breeder is because they are WAAAAY TOO expensive. I know a PVF kit sells for $170 but I have found Breeder kits that sell for $250 or more!

Please give me a BUNCH of locations...The pet store locations can be any where east of Ashville. Thank you VERY much for the time and answers! Blessings to all of you and your ferrets!

unclejoe
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 11:49 AM
Member in blocked list
Pets4Life101

• Total Posts : 43
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 2:33 PM
Thanks for the reply! :) sadly, I have emailed them multiple times about this...But I have never gotten a reply back. Yesterday, I called them before 6:00 P.M. (it is Eastern time here) No one replied...I was left with the option to leave a message, so I didn't want to due to the frustration of trying to leave a good message. 

So I may be left with the only option of adopting Marshalls later in my life...But I have heard so many sad stories of Marshalls growing sick easier and dying. Have you had Marshalls before? If so, what has been your experience? 

Whenever I look at a Marhsall at my pet store, they just look sad and unhealthy. But when I look at Path Valley Farm ferrets at my other store; they look much healthier and happier. What should I do?

I also read about this private ferret farm named Carolina Ferrets. I have emailed her multiple times, never have I gotten a reply. I have heard of a few people having the same experience. She also states on her site that she breeds her ferrets "stout". Is this healthy? What does it mean? Would this be a farm to buy ferrets from?

raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 4:14 PM
- [This post was marked as helpful]
All my Marshalls have been healthy ferrets when I purchased them. My last ferret Bandit who died was 10 years old. The only path valley ferret I bought was my Patty who had cardiomiapothy which is an enlarged heart and had to take medicine for years she only lived to be 5 1/2 yrs old. She bit when I first got her but I quickly broke her of the habit and she became a lovely ferret I loved a lot.I don't know where you got that path valley are healthier than marshalls Most of my Marshalls have lived to be between 8 to 10 yrs. Yes ferrets get cancers and die early from them but that would be any ferret I have seen where even breeders ferret that people online have died of cancer of some sort. Many ferrets get adrenal as they get older but that is from being fixed so young and all of the big farms do that. I have owned 58 ferrets in the last 17yrs and right now have 15 so I do have some experience.
<message edited by raml on Tuesday, November 04, 2014 4:15 PM>
unclejoe
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 5:06 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Tuesday, November 04, 2014 5:46 PM
Member in blocked list
raml

• Total Posts : 100
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:23 PM
I think the secret to the length of time my ferrets live is of course good food no junk food and a big one is I am home with them since I retired and have lots of time with them and I think they stay around longer somehow being with me as much as they have been. I have had ferrets die younger which is heart breaking but for the most part mine have died past 8 yrs and many have been closer to 9 yrs I have had 3 that were almost 10yrs and 2 that made it to 10yrs. My rescues for the most part have been older and my vet makes a good guess and since he owns ferrets I think he gets pretty close. My four younger ferret rescues actually died fairly young maybe 2 to 4 yrs after I got them. I only have one left Cocoa and I have had her almost 6 years she came to me just as I was retiring. I could be wrong about the amount of time being helpful but it sure seems like that it is the only difference why mine live longer. The majority of ferrets I have had I have had from kits rescues were a small part of my business.
<message edited by raml on Wednesday, November 05, 2014 7:25 PM>
ferrets4life

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Friday, January 09, 2015 8:44 PM
Wenmister, can you please tell me where you got Parker from? Is he Path Valley? I had a ferret with his same markings many years ago, and since he passed I have been unable to find another. Could you help me?
wenmister
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Saturday, January 10, 2015 7:49 AM
Member in blocked list
ferrets4life

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Where to buy Path Valley Farm ferrets? - Monday, January 12, 2015 7:20 PM
Oh how horrible that someone let him go. I got known in my area as the animal rescuer, so people would leave them in boxes on my doorsteps thank God, and not in the street. Well you are very lucky to have found him. I miss my angel, Raja. If you come across this color can you please let me know? 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread