Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Should I take my ferret to insulinoma surgery?
kkristens

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Should I take my ferret to insulinoma surgery? - Monday, October 20, 2014 10:52 PM
hi~
I have a male ferret name Hero,he is 6 years old,
he was diagnosed adrenal disease about one year half ago,our Vet suggested that he uses Nupron as treatment. so far he's been doing great. 
I took him to Vet yesterday to get bloodtest and ultrasound scan for medical examination. the blood-test shows that his bloodsuger is lower than average a lot in the 49'! and the ultrasound scan shows that his right-side adrenal got tumor,too(it was only left-side with the tumor).and some part of tumor might spread to lymphatic system,the vet uses the ultrasound scan his lymphatic and found something strange shadow in it.
I asked the Vet if Hero need a adrenal surgery?he said no,because the tumor already spread...
I'm not sure if thats ok,of course I get it,the adrenal surgery is pretty risky,he might not be able to pass the surgery safety...I would like to know what you think.

My other concerned is should I take him to insulinoma surgery?
My vet suggested NO as well,the reason is the problem will still come back after half or a year,is that true? but the article I read online says it would better 2-3 years.

please help,I'm desperate.

btw:I'm in Taiwan,not many Vet knows ferret well.Our Vet did performance few ferret surgery before.

thanks so much. 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message