Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 HELP SO WORRIED
kesjames

• Total Posts : 83
  • Reward points : 0
HELP SO WORRIED - Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:53 PM
My ferret, Nymphadora, has been...just sitting there. She gets up a little bit, but she's been really lethargic. When I let her out to play she just finds somewhere to sleep (not entirely unusual, but it's too consistent for the past couple of days). Yesterday I noticed her poop was virtually non-existent when she pooped outside of the cage. A little bit of mucous, not much else, kind of red. I offered her some fresh food, but she wasn't remotely interested (that's what got me really worried - she's crazy about food). I offered her some water in a bowl, thinking it would be easier for her to drink than from a bottle, and she drank a bunch. I woke up this morning and went to check on her, and she was lying there with her eyes open a bit...I got so scared. She was the same, though. She also doesn't feel as fat as usual. Not emaciated (this has only been going on for ~36 hours). Just no more happy woozle belly. She feels so little and limp...I think she's drinking on her own though, not sure if she's eating :( She hasn't had soups consistently so I don't know if I'll be able to get her to take it...she's always been so crazy about food, I could never imagine a day when she would have no appetite whatsoever. I hope I'm just overreacting.

I did just start adding zupreem to her food about a week ago, but hadn't noticed any particularly strange poop until recently. All of their poops are kinda liquidy because they had been eating only wysong so not much filler. Her cage mate seems fine. I recently got two new ferrets who are occupying the second tier of their FN 182 (it's blocked off). I wonder if their presence is stressing her out?

Should I try to put her by herself for a few days? I would have just put her in the bathroom, but I don't want to increase her stress by taking away her friend, and I would prefer to keep her in my bedroom so I can keep an eye on her...but I wonder if some piece and quiet would be best for her right now. I could also put her in my closet (has a regular door so it's safe). 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread