Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Antibiotics for my fuzzy
Melie

• Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
Antibiotics for my fuzzy - Sunday, September 14, 2014 4:48 AM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post on here to catch up a bit on what has been going on with my fuzzball. I have found xxLAYUPxx post about hairballs and thought it might have been what my guy was going through.

I gave him pumpkin which showed some promise because his poops became more solid for a while. But I found he was still clawing at his mouth. Thanks to LAYUP a vet who takes ferrets was found! (Silly I looked and didn't even know that existed in my town)

After waiting for about a week or so, watching him it came to the point where I couldn't allow it anymore; his poops are solid but he is still clawing and what not- I felt bad enough for waiting as long as I had. But I made the appointment. Sept 13 10:30am I took him in.

They did an ear swab and an examination (noticed some scabs on his body, was a scare for ringworm but since both my partner and I had no symptoms that was ruled out) He did not have any mites (thankfully) and so by noon-ish I came out with antibiotics. He is to take it for 7 days and I need to monitor the changes. We will go from there if there is no change (blood work will be done after that).

I am thankful for xxLAYUPxx for finding the links for me, and I hope my guy is in the right direction to being healthy and dooking again.

1 thing I noticed trying to use a syringe to give him the medicine- he hates the stuff! I had to laugh at his reaction but I think it'll be a bit difficult for him to take it. Wouldn't take it off a spoon, my finger and even fought against the syringe (even with ferretone mixed in) I think I may need to try mixing it with his food. 

Was wondering any other suggestions? He seems to spaz and shake his mouth like crazy over the taste of the stuff.  

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread