Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Distemper vaccination question
Rgarbarino

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Distemper vaccination question - Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:45 PM
Just joined the forum today, I got 2 baby ferrets on Saturday sept 6th. I took them to my vet today for their second distemper shot but they were out of the vaccine. They called several other vets that treat ferrets and everyone has the vaccine on backorder. I called Marshall Farms where they came from and asked about the shortage of vaccines and what they used. They told me they also cannot get the ferret specific vaccine (Purevax) and have been using nobivac puppey distemper vaccine with fine results. My vet has the nobivac vaccine and will use it but is cautioning me about possible problems.

I found on the web that the company that makes Purevax has stopped production with no know date of returning to production and possibly will not produce it any longer.

I don't want to risk not getting the shots for them. Has anyone else come across this issue with the vaccine not being available?

Thanks
Rgarbarino

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Distemper vaccination question - Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:51 PM
Ah, the search function...

I posted then searched. Seems the shortage goes back over a year. My vet is willing to use the nobivac so I think my kits will be fine.
wenmister
Re:Distemper vaccination question - Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:13 PM
Member in blocked list
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
Re:Distemper vaccination question - Friday, September 12, 2014 12:03 PM
I intended to get the distemper shots until I spoke to my vet. Basically he said distemper is such a low risk now that they don't usually do non-dogs anymore.

I did decide however, that If we get a dog in the future, I will vaccinate the ferrets with distemper at that point. 

Mine have only a rabies vaccine. I think this is really up to you though. If my ferrets were to have a problem with this terrible thing, it would be my fault and I would have to deal with the burdan that it was preventable. You cannot let someone else make this choice for you, but educate yourself and decide if you will keep looking for the vaccine.

I think it's also rather expensive, if I remember. Not having it cut their vet bill in half, is all I remember (I didn't opt against it for that reason, though.)
<message edited by Seelen on Friday, September 12, 2014 12:05 PM>
brkslauren

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 14
Re:Distemper vaccination question - Sunday, November 06, 2022 4:44 PM
Hey people! They care about the result. Our pros are committed to their job and always do their best to deliver the best therapy on time. Order essay about falling in love with a man falling in love with a man from them and see for yourself.
MillaMilla

• Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 36
Re:Distemper vaccination question - Thursday, April 20, 2023 3:44 PM
Look for best essay writers who have experience in the field: Experienced writers are likely to better understand the topic, have stronger writing skills, and be able to complete the essay within the required deadline.
MillaMilla

• Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 36
Re:Distemper vaccination question - Friday, October 20, 2023 2:45 PM
Essay writing services are worth every penny. Their essays are always well-structured and demonstrate a deep understanding of the subject matter. More here msn.com/en-us/money/technology/college-essay-writing-services-a-review-of-the-top-5/ar-AA1iqaC38

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread