Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So leftover Ferrets at Petco
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:00 PM
After the sale this one guy was still there, a huge one. And I felt sad because he was so much older than the kits that were there before the sale. I wondered what happened to them if they didn't sell and then I got super sad.

Husband agreed to let me to get him if hes still there tomorrow... but I decided I can't look at ferrets anymore in the petstore :|
unclejoe
Re:So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:19 PM
Member in blocked list
whiskandbowl

• Total Posts : 179
Re:So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:47 PM
Some Petcos will markdown older ferrets. I know that when I got Owen, he was already a few months old and had been transferred from a store in a neighboring city.

Ferrets: Wesley, Percy, Owen    -rip Bandit-
Bettas- Kitty, Pip, and Logan
Sun Conure- Kita
Gerbils- Piper and Tailer
Seelen

Re:So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:08 PM
This one is 5 or 6 months I think but hes quite large, so compared to the kits I guess he isn't as "cute."

Apparently a lady bought him then her sister who lived with her didn't want the ferret there anymore so he had to come back. It just makes me sad. Husband said not to go even near the cages after this :\ 

I will ask about a discount on him tomorrow if he's still there, but I'm sure he will be. There's one kit left aside from this guy so I feel bad leaving him alone too, but he'll have no problem he's adorable! Maybe they will give a discount since they had that 1/2 off sale over the weekend, but I don't want to expect. 

I just realized I didn't put this in general chat, so feel free to move it if needed!
<message edited by Seelen on Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:27 PM>
unclejoe
Re:So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:09 PM
Member in blocked list
Zoetic

• Total Posts : 42
Re:So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:14 PM
Aw! I love the big ones. There was one at Petco when I got Feliks, but he was a real biter, not just a nipper - With having a 10 year old I couldn't do it :-/ Mishka is a big ol chubster, and I think it's cuter than the tiny ones. 
Seelen

Re:So leftover Ferrets at Petco - Friday, September 12, 2014 12:08 PM
Just to update I ended up picking him up. I was feeling terrible all day because the kit would be alone, as I mentioned. But as I was walking into the store to pick up the one I was after someone was buying the other right now. 

The guy I was there for was super upset at being alone too, he kept trying to climb out of the enclosure (like hooking his claws into the holes of the roof and pulling himself up.)

The woman buying the kit felt terrible too, and we both felt much happier that we were there at the same time (She didnt want to leave him alone either, and I didn't want to leave the kit) so it was a win win.

The petsore calls him Tubby because he's a big boy, but we won't be keeping that name. Husband has started callinf him Tummy.  Will post a new addition thread shortly.
pappysgal80@gmail.com

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Biting behavior at 10 years way too long I stopped it immediately - Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:43 PM
To stop your ferret from biting and hanging on with out letting go should never be tolerated , i know this may seem cruel to some people but the person being bitten is something they never forget. what I do is snap my middle finger to its nose hard and it will let go , it is not pleasant for your little fuzzy but I have never had to do it more than once and they bit down like that again
Cathy Anderson

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message