Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Food advise, please?
CynLC243

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
Food advise, please? - Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:06 PM
Hi,
I currently have 3 ferrets and I feed them the Marshall's kibble and I really wanted to change their diet to something much more healthier for them. The only thing is that when I got my first ferret Daisy, I bought the 8 in 1 Ultra-Blend and since at the pet store I got her from they only fed her Marshall's, she refused to eat it. And I got my males from the same pet store so I know that is all they've known as well and my oldest male is super picky with his treats so I think he will be just as hard to switch as well. My male Bear is very young though and I feel if I can get my older ones to transition then Bear will just follow by example. I was thinking to change them to BLUE Wilderness Cat kibble. My friend uses this for her cat and she loves it and is a very active happy animal. My question is IF I can get them to try it and eat it and hopefully [fingers crossed] like it, can I completely cut out Marshall's [well, basically any other main source of food] and have Blue Wilderness Cat kibble become their main diet? I've heard of people mixing but I have not met anyone who uses a cat kibble as their main source of food. 

Also, I am interesting in finding out what kinds of foods I may have in my household that I'd be able to give to my ferrets that is not only tastey to them but healthy. My oldest male Duke is so picky the only treats he will eat are Marshall's Bandits Premium Ferret Treats Original Chicken Flavor and Ferret Chew Treats Chicken or Duck Flavor. And my female Daisy will eat both of those and Ferret Bites Natural & Artificial flavored Peanut Butter crunch treat. My newest addition Bear will eat the Ferret Bites Natural & Artificial flavored Peanut Butter crunch treat & Ferret Bites Wild Harvest Grilled Chicken Flavor. He tried a Ferret Chew Duck Flavored and didn't care for it. I am learning that these treats are not so healthy for my ferrets. Granted I hardly give them treats, maybe once or twice a week usually after nails trimming or a bath. I'd still like to find something healthy so I could possibly spoil them more than a couple times a week and not feel bad. Even though my ferrets are on a kibble diet could I feed them something like a chicken slice [raw or cooked?] as a snack [if they are willing to try it]? 

They have not ever really been interested in eating anything other than the Marshall's kibble or certain "Ferret" treats. What can I do to make them want to try new things to eat?
[Cynthia, Daisy, Duke, & Bear]

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message