Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Heat exhaustion?
pwnedbyfuzzies2

• Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
Heat exhaustion? - Friday, July 25, 2014 9:10 AM
Hello, i have been on vacation for 11 days and my son took care of my ferrets for the entire time.  Three days ago my A/C unit went kaput and when his girlfriend came by at 1pm found that the house was at 86 degrees.  She quickly took the ferrets out of thier cage and let the dogs outside.  The ferrets she let play in the shower and bathroom where it was 6 degrees cooler but it took 6 hours for the A/C repairman to show up.  The concern i have is of my male Raven, today he is acting weak, wouldn't even eat his Nbone that he normally gobbles up like no tomorrow and when he goes to scratch himself he falls over.  He is not interacting like normal and even though he is alert there's something off.  They have a open dish for water they are unable to tip over so my son's girlfriend said that it was not empty but close though.  She filled it up even though they were outside the cage till the repairman made his repairs.  Is it possible for the ferrets to get heat exhaustion and if so would Raven have the symptoms of something really wrong?  Please advise i'm very concerned and the exotic vet they see is out today.  

Kathy W

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message