Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Diet change question; gassy ferrets - ???
jessicaxferties

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Diet change question; gassy ferrets - ??? - Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:21 PM
Hello!
I have two ferrets and for the longest time they have been fed Marshals and Mazuri kibble.
I began researching the best kibbles and found an awesome food chart that made me never want to feed my ferrets those brands ever again.
I am on limited budget however so the best kibble according to this food chart that was readily available to me and affordable was Zupreem Premium.
My ferrets made the transition rather quickly and really seem to like the Zupreem.
However, my concern is that as soon as they began eating it  the developed gas that could be audibly heard when they went number 2.
I hoped that this was just from the shift in food and that this would go away with time. 
However, it has been about a month and they still have gas. It is not as loud as in the beginning, but they are still gassy in comparrison to when they were eating Marshals/Mazuri.
Also, they're stool is slightly loose. It's not diarrhea, just slightly more wet than it used to be with Marshals/Mazuri.
My ferrets have had no behavior changes and don't seem to feel sick from the gas/slightly wet stool, but I'm still concerned.
Should I continue feeding them Zupreem?
Is the gas and stool change serious?
Thank you so much for any help!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages