Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 two ferret males biting one another
john

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
two ferret males biting one another - Thursday, July 24, 2014 12:25 PM
Hi there! We have 2 ferret males, brothers, 3 months old. They sleep together in one cage, they lick one another while asleep. But when awake and active, 90% of time they fight hard against one another. Both of them have bloody crusts (wounds) on their backs for about two weeks, they do not have time to heal as they hurt themselves all the time. We have got second cage, so we can separate them for the sleep. While awake and free running in our flat, we let them play together, but when they start fights, we separate them in different rooms. It's very time consuming and exhausting (we let them out from the cage 3-4 times a day for average 1,5 hour). We plan to castrate them, but it's still several months to go. My question is - will their fights decrease after castration? If it will not be much better, we will not be able to handle them and will have to give one of them away. And in this case it would be better to put one of them away now, when they are 3 months old, rather then when they will be 8 months old. thanks for advance for any comments and sorry for my perhaps not always clear english Greetings from Czech Republic Jan

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread