Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 More Dooks food chart- pictures!
whiskandbowl

• Total Posts : 1731
  • Reward points : 0
More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Wednesday, June 04, 2014 9:27 AM
Here's the most recently updated More Dooks chart. Please note that the chart hasn't been updated since late 2013. The Marshalls food has had an ingredient change (removal of molasses) that may cause a slightly higher rating (esp for the Select formula) 

http://moredooks.herobo.com/search.php?chart=ferret 

Wysong has also undergone a formula change, though it's proposed to go back to the original formula.

Also note that high pea content has increasingly been correlated with bladder stones in ferrets. Zupreem Grain free and Taste of the Wild cat seem to be common culprits.

<message edited by unclejoe on Friday, October 10, 2014 2:52 PM>

Ferrets: Wesley, Percy, Owen    -rip Bandit-
Bettas- Kitty, Pip, and Logan
Sun Conure- Kita
Gerbils- Piper and Tailer
mommaweasel

• Total Posts : 188
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Friday, September 26, 2014 1:04 AM
Has anyone checked out the Hills Science diet Adult Optimal Care Original dry Cat food? - It looks like a good substitute for Evo and many of the top 15 which have peas ect in the first 6 ingredients -?

Beautifully Handcrafted Ferret Bedding to fill all your  Fuzzie's needs. Specializing in dressage for Ferret Nation cages.
www.littlefeetferretbedding.org
whiskandbowl

Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Friday, September 26, 2014 12:31 PM
I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right food, but the Optimal Care I found doesn't even come close to any of the top brands (NV Wellness Core, Evo, etc)
http://www.hillspet.com/products/sd-feline-adult-optimal-care-original-dry.html

Protein- 35% 
Fat- 22%    
Fiber- 1.7%
The carb content is 35% as per the website.

Chicken, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat, Chicken Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Brown Rice, Chicken Liver Flavor, Calcium Sulfate, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Oat Fiber, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene, Dried Apples, Dried Broccoli, Dried Carrots, Dried Cranberries, Dried Peas.

As per the MoreDooks Criteria, it would score 34.07, which places it in the low yellow, between Nutro Natural Choice Kitten, and NV Prarie Chicken and Rice

Sun Conure- Kita
Meechysmum92

• Total Posts : 108
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Saturday, October 11, 2014 5:49 PM
Meechy LOVES Innova Evo cat and kitten...I just started him on it 2 weeks ago, so there is the issue of loose stool (a bit) but other than that...really impressed with it so far! Once I realizsed how *bad* Marshalls food was...I switched him as fast as I could! On that point....if anyone wants a free bag of Marshalls...hit me up :P Once my Evo came in, marshalls was out the door.

edited for language
<message edited by unclejoe on Sunday, October 12, 2014 8:55 AM>
penguinpixie13

• Total Posts : 30
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:05 AM
i refuse to use anything with peas in it so mine are on a good fdr. i dont wanna risk my lil one having stones. when is wysong supposed to go back to the original?
whiskandbowl

Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 2:13 PM
Wysong repackaged their original (good) formula under the "Digestive Support" name

Sun Conure- Kita
unclejoe

• Total Posts : 7867
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:17 PM
I thought that they just took out the flax seed from the new formula and renamed it Digestive Support.

THE DOOKS OF HAZARD
whiskandbowl

Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:48 PM
They did remove the flax for the DS version, but the ingredients are closer to what the original formula was.

EDIT: That was my impression at least. I'm looking at Wysongs site and it says that the DS has flax too?? Ugh so confusing

Sun Conure- Kita
Jfranks85

• Total Posts : 187
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Sunday, November 30, 2014 7:35 AM
The NV Rawboost duck and turkey that I feed actually raised in points as well. That's awesome, it was already a good food, but in the blue range not the green where it is now.
crisp20

• Total Posts : 253
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Sunday, April 05, 2015 1:37 PM
I found this EVO stuff by NATURA not innova, it has almost the same profile (Turkey, Chicken, Chicken Meal, Tapioca Starch, Chicken Fat, Herring). I do not see it on the board, could the company have changed names perhaps? It seems really similar. I can post a picture of the bag too if that helps.
unclejoe

Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Sunday, April 05, 2015 2:06 PM
Natura and Innova are related brands, owned by Mars, Inc.  They were recently purchased from procter and gamble.  

http://www.naturapet.com/brands/evo

Evo does have peas, but it's down the list.  

THE DOOKS OF HAZARD
daeyang

• Total Posts : 2
Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:59 PM
Hello, is this at all a decent food? I don't feed it but was curious if it could be fed? It's a cat food

% Basis
Crude Protein(min) 37
Fat (min) 20
Fiber (max) 3
Moisture (max) 10
Ash 7.74
Calcium 1.781
Phosphorus 1.349
Carbohydrates (min) 22.08

Ingredients
Chicken, Tapioca, Jicama, Chicken Liver, Ground Chicken Necks, Freeze Dried Chicken Breast, Freeze Dried Chicken Liver, Organic Chia, Freeze Dried Kale Sprouts, Freeze Dried Pumpkin, Freeze Dried Squash, Blueberries, Cranberries, Probiotics ((Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifiobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifiobacterium Longum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bacillus Subtillus Fermentation Product Dehydrated) Inulin, Taurine, Salmon Oil, Vitamins (Lecithin,Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement,Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamone Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin) DL-Methionine, Minerals (Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acids Chelate, Manganese Amino Acids Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acids Chelate).

unclejoe

Re:More Dooks food chart- pictures! - Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:33 PM
I'm not crazy about tapioca and jicama being 2nd and 3rd ingredients.  Both are mostly starch.  Starch is how plants store sugar.  Ferrets can't digest complex carbs and sugar can lead to insulinoma later.

THE DOOKS OF HAZARD

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message