Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Whole Prey + Ground?
MayhemInc

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Whole Prey + Ground? - Friday, May 09, 2014 9:29 AM
Hello.  
Considering a raw diet, would like to go with primarily whole prey with some ground a few times a week.  (Ground for variety, and in case we need to leave them in the care of someone else temporarily, I don't think my sister could feed frozen mice.)  I think this would be simple enough for me to be sustainable long term.  I know myself and I can deal with complexity early on while things are novel but if I have to continue to do a lot of figuring or thinking, I fail.  I understand that I will pay more for this type of diet, than I would a frankenprey type.
If I feed primarily whole prey and whole ground animal, do I need to worry about balancing the diet in terms of bone/meat/organ?  I would need to make sure to get a variety of ages of prey correct?  How long would whole prey stay fresh in the freezer?  Should ferrets eat fish?  I would probably order prey from rodentpro and ground from mypetcarnivore, is there any animal I should avoid?

In terms of transition, I would probably start with the ground, should I then attempt to add bits of mice or would I need to do a frankenprey stage to get them eating chunks/bone etc?

(Side note, I know some will direct me to the Holistic Forum, I tried to join, but my account never got approved, maybe I missed a step?  Anyone who knows feel free to pm me.)

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread