Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ferret found outside
missinasworld

• Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 0
ferret found outside - Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:24 AM
So I got up this morning and after feeding the dogs and letting them out I went to my computer as I always do. One of my co-workers left me a message on facebook saying she found a ferret outside and would I take it. I got her number from another co-worker and left her a message telling her I would take it until its owners were found or a new home arranged. now I'm just waiting on her to call or txt me back. once i know what the fuzzie looks like and the location it was found in I will go about contacting animal control, the humain society and the spca so if any owner comes forward they can have their baby back.

I kept thinking about the only time I ever had a ferret get outside and that was back in 1995. Her name was Smokey and she was my 2nd ferret ever. She managed to get outside and was found by our handy man digging under a transformer box. Her didn't know who she belonged to but we were the newest members of the apartment complex so he came knocking at our door first! She as only gone for about 10 minutes. We got really lucky.

now to wait and see.

Missina
tanglefootkids

• Total Posts : 1871
Re:ferret found outside - Sunday, August 01, 2010 11:37 AM
Wow, another found ferret. Hope the fuzzy is ok, maybe the owners are frantic looking for him. Lucky you are there to intervene!
Ferret_Daddy

• Total Posts : 34
Re:ferret found outside - Sunday, August 01, 2010 1:58 PM
Wow yea good job someone is there to look after ferrets! :D
Angel - Colored Hob, Freya - Albino Jill, Bentos - Albino Hob, Beauty - Colored Hob, Vinny (a.k.a Beast, he likes Beauty) - Light Colored Hob.

Ferret Guide
Sparrow

• Total Posts : 727
Re:ferret found outside - Monday, August 02, 2010 1:21 PM
Good that you take care of that fuzzy. Please post us some pice when you get him/her...

>Dook Dook<
missinasworld

Re:ferret found outside - Monday, August 02, 2010 2:11 PM
Sparrow

Good that you take care of that fuzzy. Please post us some pice when you get him/her...

I will as soon as I get him/her. The girl who found her let her friends neighber keep the ferret for the night and by the time they were going to bring it to me, it was after midnight last night! So they are going to bring the fuzzie to me after work tonight. I found out its an albino. so far no people have come forward having lost a ferret in the neighberhood.

Missina
unclejoe

• Total Posts : 6471
Re:ferret found outside - Monday, August 02, 2010 6:49 PM
Greetings, fellow Floridian.  Are you anywhere near Daytona?
I hope you are able to reunite the fuzzy with its owners.  I've had a couple escapes and about lost my mind.

missinasworld

Re:ferret found outside - Monday, August 02, 2010 10:05 PM
unclejoe

Greetings, fellow Floridian.  Are you anywhere near Daytona?
I hope you are able to reunite the fuzzy with its owners.  I've had a couple escapes and about lost my mind.

I'm about an hour north of Tampa so Daytona is a little further away lol
I hope I find its owners to..but still no one has reported a missing ferret..and the ferret has not been delivered yet. but I was assured tonight he/she will be dropped off...I'm a little worried because the person who has it doesn't own ferrets and I have no idea what they have it in or are feeding it..

Missina
missinasworld

Re:ferret found outside - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:28 PM
I waited and waited but my co worker never showed up. got a message from her this morning, the guy who was holding on to the ferret gave it away already. They never even looked for the owner and I don't know the location it was found in. I hope it has a good life.

But one door closes and another opens right? at 5am this morning I get a call from my boyfriend telling me he is on his way over because he found a baby bunny in the road. He brings it over, looks to be just weaned and badly hurt. It will be going to the vets later today. I will not be keeping it, I don't do well with rabbits. But I end up not being able to help one critter and now I get to save another. I think the bunny is going to lose an eye-maybe a cat or an owl got it.

Missina
Kerrie

• Total Posts : 5
Re:ferret found outside - Thursday, August 05, 2010 9:11 AM
So weird how many ferrets have been found just wondering about :S

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages