Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii?
yankeefan920

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:32 PM
I was just curious because ferrets are like the nicest and cutest animals ever why would they be illegal. They are also illegal in new york city and im about 10 miles east from there.

Sonic,Big Brown
Eyris

• Total Posts : 715
RE: Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:09 PM
Mainly misinformation. They still think ferrets are vicious and evil and will tare up everything if they accidently got loose
nylorac_4

• Total Posts : 151
RE: Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:02 PM
One of the main reasons is that ferrets are seen as carriers of diseases, such as rabies, distemper, etc.  Most of the places were ferrets were once illegal but are now legal, have laws saying that ferrets are legal but they MUST be vaccinated.
christy

• Total Posts : 5231
RE: Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:20 PM

ORIGINAL: yankeefan920

Its really stupid if you think about it,my county requires a license just like a dog thats 6 dollars every one they have-money for the county is lost because we are still going to hasve them they just wont get the license money-there are thousands of ferrets estimated in california.
Fuzzy Smile

• Total Posts : 235
RE: Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:21 PM
I'm not sure but I think it is because NY city Cali. and Hawaii may realize the ferrets evil plan to take over the world (or at least drag it off to their hidey hole)
Ferrets are addicting, but Ferrents are nicer than crackheads
scoobydoo_2345

• Total Posts : 361
Re:Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:55 AM
i also heard one of the reasons is b/c they are afraid that ppl are going to let them loose so they can populate and become feral, so they can get into groups so they destroy the city and vegitation. omg ill be scared to see a wild ferret colony in my backyard planning to drag my dog off to their hidey hole and corrupt him so they can use him as bait. lol.
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 10183
Re:Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:26 AM
scoobydoo_2345

i also heard one of the reasons is b/c they are afraid that ppl are going to let them loose so they can populate and become feral, so they can get into groups so they destroy the city and vegitation. omg ill be scared to see a wild ferret colony in my backyard planning to drag my dog off to their hidey hole and corrupt him so they can use him as bait. lol.

This is the most accurate.  They are afraid of people letting them loose and then feral ferret colonies taking over.  The feral ferrets will then kill off natural wildlife.
Kishi

• Total Posts : 461
Re:Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Monday, June 29, 2009 5:53 AM
Hasn't anyone ever pointed out the fact that ferrets don't usually survive without their people for very long?

When they escape, I've heard they make it about three days on average unless someone finds them.  Not to mention that they don't know how to find food and tend to eat things that will kill them.  o.O

And anyway, most ferrets who aren't from breeders are already 'fixed' before you get them.  It's hard to start a wild colony when you lack the equipment to have babies.  XD

At this point, I just keep sitting here going "Are they -really- that stupid?"
RachelRiot

• Total Posts : 394
Re:Why are ferrets illegal in california and hawaii? - Monday, June 29, 2009 11:41 AM
Kishi
At this point, I just keep sitting here going "Are they -really- that stupid?"

The short answer is Yes. Yes they are.
♥ Rachel ♥

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages