Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Scratching
krish

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Scratching - Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:59 PM
Both my babies seem to be super itchy. They will be playing then stop suddenly and scratch like crazy.It happens all the time. I have checked them carefully for signs of dry skin and allergic reactions as well as the normal fleas. They are not scratching hard or deep enough to leave marks scratches or even redden the skin but I am wondering what could be causing it? They haven't been introduced to anything new, same food, bedding, litter, even our laundry detergent and body soaps and lotions are the same. They get bathed once a month although this last month Onyx skipped his bath due to attitude (he had the attitude and did not want a bath!) Could that be the issue? Any ideas on what could cause it? Is it something I need to be concerned about? They are both eating, sleeping, and playing as normal just with lots of stopping to scratch.
unclejoe
Re:Scratching - Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:10 PM
Member in blocked list
bandit99
Re:Scratching - Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:15 AM
Member in blocked list
krish

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Scratching - Friday, July 21, 2017 11:55 PM
Thanks for the tips! I actually bathe them once a month because that is the information I found before I got them. Onyx really needs a bath more often then his sister but I can change the frequency to every 2-3 months depending on need. I use a ferret shampoo designed for them. I wonder if baby shampoo may be a better option. Although really the bottle I have will last forever since even when i bathe them i use very little. Trying to rinse a squirming ferret is not an easy task so i only use it on the parts that are in need of soap other wise it is just water. Which they both actually enjoy, the water part at least. I did consider maybe using just a damp wash cloth instead of a full on bath. I may go ahead and try that and only bathe them fully when they really need it. I am glad that it is just a natural ferret thing to be itchy! I will just continue to check and make sure that they do not cause damage to their skin!
<message edited by krish on Friday, July 21, 2017 11:56 PM>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message