Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Friends Sick Kitten
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
Friends Sick Kitten - Saturday, November 29, 2014 10:29 PM
Posting this on behalf of an online friend who plays a game with me. She left earlier totally upset because she thinks her kitten is going to die and she can't afford the vet, the vet wont take payment plans because of her credit. She called the usual human society to ask if any vets could help and was turned away. 

Any ideas would be helpful. I am hoping the kitten is still alive by the time she logs in again, as I hate losing animals and it makes me sad to see others hurting and not being able to help. I think she is also going to give the cat up so that it can receive care, but this is more of "until that point."

Said the cat isn't using the box, isn't eating or drinking and won't walk. 8-12 weeks old.

Told her to make sure it gets fluids. Our kitten got severely dehydrated and needed vet care for 3 days to recuperate, so I'm hoping that the re-hydration will help.

For some reason she is under the impression it has a bladder infection and something is wrong with it's belly. Unfortunately this is all the information that I have on the poor little kitty. 

1. How to hydrate an animal that won't drink? Syringe - if so where and how? Tube - how to ensure not giving too much water?
2. If it is a bladder infection are there any people medicines ok to dilute for the kitten as an anti-biotic home remedy? 

I KNOW this cat needs to see a vet. I am unsure of her area, but if I find out I will be looking online as soon as I find out to see if anyone in her area will help. I am simply trying to help her help the cat in the meantime. :(

unclejoe
Re:Friends Sick Kitten - Sunday, November 30, 2014 8:40 AM
Member in blocked list
Seelen

• Total Posts : 193
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Friends Sick Kitten - Sunday, November 30, 2014 2:35 PM
UPDATE:

They did try applying for care credit but apparently their credit score is very bad and they were declined - which sparked the urgency and freaking out.

KITTEN is ok. They spent all day calling vets and describing her symptoms and they all told her that the cat was going to die if it didnt get care but then turned her away because she couldn't afford their fees. 

Then she logged in to our game and was upset, which prompted my post. 

Today she logged in just now and explained they stayed up all night calling more vets, and eventually found one that loved animals enough to put profit aside and he treated the kitten for almost nothing. It was some kind of advanced urinary tract infection and anti-biotics ended up improving her state dramatically over the night. The kitten is now doing well and is up and moving and doing normal bodily things. 

I'm glad this was a happy ending, was expecting to hear about a kitten that passed over the night >.>

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread