Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Stuffy nose, sneezing, runny eyes
elarwill

• Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
Stuffy nose, sneezing, runny eyes - Saturday, April 09, 2011 12:29 PM
Luna is a male deaf champagnes that I adopted from animal control last summer. In December he had a really bad bout of influenza and I thought I was going to lose him as he had super high fevers and despite his enormous appetite lost a lot of weight. He was also on antibiotics for a secondary infection at the time so it was well over a month before he was over the influenza.

Since his sickness his nose has been really stuffed up and is still sneezing a lot. I used hard wood pellet litter 5 months with him before his illness and he showed no signs of allergies. I bought a scent free detergent to wash his bedding in thinking that may be the problem but the switch made no difference. I have carpet in my apartment but its vacuumed atleast once a week. I've been feeding him 8 in 1 Ultimate since I brought him home so I doubt its a food allergy. The apartment space however, is shared with a rabbit that gets free run of the house when Luna is not out and about and my room mate does use pine chip bedding but the rabbit and bedding is stored in a room Luna has no access to. I purchased a cool humidifier for the apartment and have it set up right beside Lunas cage, he also is in the bathroom every time I shower for the steam but his nose and sneezing hasnt gotten any better. He just started his spring shed last week but his nose has been a problem since december and has not improved.

Im planning on buying a new litter as I know  the pellets can be dusty to see if that helps but other than that I have no idea what else it could be. The vet didnt really give me any answers. I suspect an allergy but I can not for the life of me figure it out. He does not get any treats besides Ferretone and has recently been started on pure pumpkin due to shedding season.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread