Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
WienerCat

• Total Posts : 2809
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:35 PM
Have you ever seen your ferret play dominance over another ferret or a kitten?

Has anyone thought that just MAYBE the ferret was trying to drag the baby to it's hidey hole and didnt mean any harm?

And what stupid parent will let a ferret run free with a baby?

TracyFoSho

• Total Posts : 38
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Wednesday, December 23, 2009 12:13 PM
It always makes me kinda sad at the fact you have to go through more to adopt an animal sometimes (from a shelter anyways) than to have a kid. When I adopted my puppies from our local shelter I had to literally fight for them to be able to adopt them because apparently a 20 year old girl struck them as someone who would get tired of a dog after a couple weeks (which I do understand). Wish they would do that for children. 

Smilefac19

• Total Posts : 1473
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Wednesday, December 23, 2009 6:45 PM
I did see this episode. I was so upset and aggitated over the family's ignorance and blame that I changed the channel. She said the ferret was attracted to the milk in her mouth and ate her face off. She also said her whole life since then she has been an advocate for the banning of ferrets in California. To me it was not in anyway the ferret's fault nor should she have blamed it on the ferret. If the ferret did indeed attack her then it is her parent's fault. Her parent's should've been more responsible and made sure that they either didn't have pets or that the pets were separated from the children. When my ferret attacked my gerbil (yes I know this was a complete accident. We kept them completely separate but ferrets are tricky/curious creatures and gerbils are prey for them) in NO WAY did I blame the ferret. I still own the ferret and love it like it never happened. I am mad at myself for having a pet that was a predator in the same room as the pet that was prey and not taking every precaution necessary to keep them separate. I took responsibility for my actions and never have I blamed my ferret. Her parents should've done the same thing, not raise her to think that the ferret was the problem when the parents negligence was the real problem.

Mommy loves you Houdini and misses you very much!!!

BoJangles

• Total Posts : 220
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:22 PM
The really sad part is she was 29 days old!!!!!! How would she even know what attacked her???  She`s been brainwashed from the time this happened!!!  Who saw what really happened to her????  Why was the ferret and dog running free around a baby???  She should keep her mouth shut until she knows the truth!!! I`ll NEVER believe that a sweet innocent ferret would attack a baby!  Where were the parents??? Who was in charge of watching the baby??? This story is so full of wholes it`s crazy!!!!!  Too bad we`ll never know the truth.  Good way for the anti-ferret people to get ferrets band from homes!!!!!!! Accidents will happen BUT let`s put the blame where the blame lies WITH THE PARENTS!!!!!!!!!  This is just fuel for the fires of anti-ferret people!  Who in their right mind leaves a baby in the way of free roam pets???????  I love my babies!  When my parrot was alive I warned people NOT to put their fingers or noses in the cage if they didn`t want it attacked by the parrot!  Just stupid people lying about a poor defenselees animal when it wasn`t even his fault!!!  Nobody probably did an investagation into the incident to even look for the truth!  That child should of been taken out of that household and never returned!!! At the least learn the truth!!! And stop bad mouthing ferrets just because that`s what she`s been told all her life!!!  Sounds like nobody really knows muchless cares about the real truth anymore.  They`ve told this story so much that they probably believe it themselves! Since they don`t know the truth.  I have NO symphathy for those who don`t tell the truth.  I`m sorry she was hurt but who should of been watching her???
crazyman and lilly

• Total Posts : 263
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Thursday, December 24, 2009 12:34 AM
thats so dumb.. i mean, what could have angered a ferret enough 4 it to do that?!?!? maybe they starved the ferret, i bet the reporters didnt even see the ferret!!
crazyman and lilly

• Total Posts : 263
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Thursday, December 24, 2009 12:46 AM
i dont see how they can prove that the ferret ATE her nose off....
lacyblack

• Total Posts : 47
Re:Girl mauled by ferret on Dr. 90210. Thoughts? - Friday, December 25, 2009 6:34 PM
fritzferret

I feel sorry for the girl - sorry that she has such bad parents and that like them blame the ferret instead. Poor worped girl. That's just like people who say guns kill people - no, people who don't understand proper gun ownership kill people. Parents had to have been on crack if they can't hear their baby screaming bloody murder. I also think we all know someone who's been attacked by a dog yet no one is trying to bane dogs. Instead they go after, sue, the owners. Who owned the ferret - the parents! The parents should have been punished and the girl taken away and put into a safe home. Instead they all want to play woos me, my kid got attacked by a ferret, help me. No one should feel sorry for these parents and they should have to pay this girl out the rest of her life for putting her through this and then brainwashing her to think they are innocent. It's all bull.

Sad thing is that many so called parents are absolutely irresponsible and animals end up being blamed. I don't feel the kid has a right to blame the animal without proof, and she shouldn't be allowed to lobby for any type of ban.
And yes they are trying to ban certain breeds of dogs, mostly the large breeds, rotts, dobermans, pits etc. Sad fact is that the dog breed with the highest rate of attacks is the chihuahua  and the pomeranians but you rarely ever hear anything about those attacks. They're also still trying to get a ban put on pythons and certain other types of reptiles.
I feel people need to get license to buy pets, and license to have children. It seems harsh but think about it, if we needed to take a course in having a child then maybe the rate of children in orphanages and abused children would actually go down. Make birth control manditory for any girl who reaches puberty and put them in a class showing (by letting them deal with a baby for a few hours) how hard raising a child can be and the true effects of STD's.
Same with a license to own a pet, true animal lovers will accept that they need to do research and have their facts straight, the spur of the moment people won't want to actually do the work.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message