Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Home made chicken food for ferrets
jeanie daycare

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Home made chicken food for ferrets - Saturday, September 26, 2009 4:05 PM
100% chicken food for your healthy or sick ferret
1.   1 ten pound bag of chicken leg and thighs.
2.   Big can of chicken both
3.   Wash your chicken.
4. Place chicken skin bones and all in slow cooker along with chicken broth and cook on high for 12 hours or until you can pinch the chicken bones and it turns into mush. Then blend it  all together with the juice  in blinder until it blended all up smooth.The bones with the marrow it have lots of protein in it.Then i poor it in little dish that i get at the dollar store 6 for 1.00.  They hold about and once.Put the top on and freeze them.I take one out every day or every outher and put it in the fig to dethaw  it over night.Then in the morning i put a table spoon on a dish and let it warm up a little the i put some on my finger and let her lick it off.After a while they will lick it off plate there self.  This is a great food for ferret's!!! VERY HEATHY. For sick or will ferrets.. If you have any questions email me !!  [email=jeanie-daycare@att.net]jeanie-daycare@att.net[/email]
CCretarolo

• Total Posts : 377
Re:Home made chicken food for ferrets - Sunday, September 27, 2009 11:24 PM
It would actually be better if the chicken broth was home made. All canned chicken broth has a massive amount of salt that's just horrible for animals... It's bad for us too but that's besides the point. The easiest way to make chicken broth yourself is to boil your whole chicken for 2-3 hours.
wenmister

• Total Posts : 15133
Re:Home made chicken food for ferrets - Monday, September 28, 2009 7:50 AM
If you purchased a whole chicken, you will get more fat and some nice chicken broth when you boil it or use a slow cooker.  Sometimes there are some extra stuff in the chicken. ( grizzards, heart, liver)

I usually get a whole chicken on sale for .99/lbs.  This is how I make my chicken gravy for my kids.

Can chicken  brolth can be high salt.  Purchased a whole chicken and use the natural broth.

I hope this helps

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message