Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Kishi

• Total Posts : 461
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:14 PM
That's fine.  :)  I didn't realize she was going to make one for you.  :D  Interesting to see how it works out.  You might have opened a whole new product line.  
cadillactaste

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Tuesday, May 05, 2009 6:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Kishi

That's fine.  :)  I didn't realize she was going to make one for you.  :D  Interesting to see how it works out.  You might have opened a whole new product line.  

Well thanks to Snapper13...who opened the door to me when passing along the link to Jaclyn's site. And to Jaclyn for being open to try this...I've asked her to place holes in the sides...so I can attach it using rubber washers under metal ones along with a butterfly nut to the side of the cage. So it can't be tossed around. A breeder on the chinchilla forum believed that possibly might just work in keeping it secure without worry of it becoming damaged.  

Actually it's the same person on the chinchilla forum who mentioned she thought she had seen a ceramic litter pan for a ferret once. Which set me on my quest to find one for our cage.

If it opens up possiblities for others...well then I'm glad I was able to help assist in that...
Snapper13

• Total Posts : 10189
RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 8:09 AM
Glad to be of service!

Jaclyn said she would try to make a large, rectangular high-backed one as well.  Similar to cadillac's request, I asked if she could put holes into the back and sides so that we could secure the litter pans using zipties/shower hooks (just in case)  she said it wouldn't be a problem.

I can't wait to see the product.  I just keep imagining a "fish bowl" themed pan, made of Caribbean blue, with bright colored fish.  You could have litter box painting parties.  wouldnt' that be cool????

(apparently snapper has a strange sense of coolness)
cadillactaste

RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 10:17 AM
Snapper13...Yes I seen where you were having her attempt to make one more suitable for your fur friends...I couldn't use the plastic ties...for my guys would eat them. I'm planning on using washers and a butterfly nut. But where the glass is...I plan on using a rubber washer covered with a metal washer so the chins don't eat the rubber...They'll eat anything! Then using a butterfly nut...you just use your fingers to loosen to remove to empty and clean and reinstall...Yours sounds real simple wish my chins didn't like plastic so much...

Our bowl will be yellow on the inside and blue on the outside of the litter pan. But your painting parties sounds real cute...
Snapper13

RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:14 AM
Yeah, those chins and plastic..... I was just letting the ferret people know that I asked Jaclyn to punch some holes in the ferrety litter boxes as well.  Although, shower hooks are metal and easy to manipulate.

Did you see this post: http://forum.ferret.com/tm.asp?m=111571
Fire7 has a pic of how the local shelter secures the litter boxes to the cage.  I think the pic is there, my computer here at work doesn't let me see pictures.
cadillactaste

RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Wednesday, May 06, 2009 11:20 AM
Thanks for the link...I might be able to attach a piece of wood to the litter box...And do something like that...verses removing the bolts weekly! I'll look into that...thanks again for that link. That would make it snug...no give to the litter box. That's the biggest thing. The way the chinchillas move around the cage...they can move things quite easily...just from the fource of them landing on an object. That link gives me brain food for though...Another possibility...

Thanks again!
Kishi

• Total Posts : 461
RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:42 PM
I think litter box painting parties sound kind of fun.  :)

Think of it now...custom ferret toilets painted to match whatever theme you have in your cage.
chinchillaman55

• Total Posts : 3
RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Monday, January 31, 2011 7:51 AM
The dook dook ceramics link is not 2working for me, and i really want to get one of the litter boxes. Can anybody post the URL?

Chinchillaman55
Snapper13

RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Monday, January 31, 2011 8:18 AM
unfortunately Dook Dook is temporarily closed.

Will plexiglass work for chins?  If so, check out Crafty Creatures or Kritter Koncepts litter boxes.
chinchillaman55

RE: Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Monday, January 31, 2011 7:33 PM
No, Ill check those out. But does anybody know when dook dook is going to be back?

Thanks in advance

Chinchillaman55
chinchillaman55

Re:Does anyone know where one can purchase ceramic litter boxes - Monday, January 31, 2011 10:53 PM
Also, i noted a metal litter pan on

[font="arial; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 6px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 6px; font-size: small; line-height: normal; "]http://www.chinbin.com/chincage.html

(go to the Litter Pan section on the left.)

and wondered if that would be appropriate for chinchillas.
Also, if anyone knows of any other metal or ceramic litter pan available for order, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chinchillaman55
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages