Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lethargic need advice
Fryercracker

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Lethargic need advice - Saturday, December 04, 2021 9:45 AM
Our sweet ferret is 18 months old. She has been lethargic and inactive for about a week. I took her to the vet 5 days ago where she had an X-ray that showed no blockage and her glucose level was just fine. No hair loss, eyes look fine, and she doesn’t appear to be in pain. The vet gave her an antibiotic which she is still getting. She eats and drinks fine, but then just lays and sleeps and when we hold her she is pretty limp. She walks very little mainly just go find a place to curl up in private to sleep. 
Any recommendations. 
lovepetslove2022

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Lethargic need advice - Friday, February 18, 2022 10:33 AM

Ferret Food
The ferret is a carnivore, and the basis of its diet should be protein food.

What to Feed Ferrets?
Feeding ferrets is an art. If you want your ferret to be cheerful, healthy and active at all times, proper and balanced feeding is extremely important.

Improper feeding of the ferret leads to the development of chronic diseases, some of which may not appear until several years later. Therefore, the common argument of some ferret owners, “I’ve been eating this food for half a year and feeling great,” cannot be an indicator of proper feeding.

Ferrets are strict predators, in nature they feed mainly on rodents – mice and voles, as well as small birds, chicks and eggs, frogs, large insects, fish, carrion. Ferrets eat the caught prey whole, meat, entrails, some bone and connective tissue and wool get into their digestive tract. The only plant-based food that enters the body is the contents of the victim’s stomach and intestines (semi-digested grains, herbs, fruits and vegetables).

More information : https://pets24online.com

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message