Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Howdy
Woozle Commander

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 3
Howdy - Sunday, August 19, 2018 6:11 PM
This is my first post here. I'm a ferret dad to 4 Woosels, 1 female and 3 males:

Woosel-May, 9 months old
Koda-Bear, 9 months old
Dopey-Herschel, 6 months
Cinnamon-Stoat, 4 months old

Yeah, they added up pretty quick but I love my babies. My daughter works at a pet store and we help them out by bringing in the new woozles into our home when they're kits to adjust them to human fingers....sometimes a painful process and to generally decompress them from their traumatic experience. I guess you can call us Woozle Fosters. Also, they don't sell very fast during certain times of the year and we keep them on weekends so they aren't alone on Sundays.

The heartbreaking part are the returns or just general sell-offs. I've had the same babies come thru our home via 3 different owners in one year...and act like they remember us. Right now I have two fosters (1 year-old and 6 months old) who look identical. Both are sell-offs from owners who are moving and "FEEL" like they have little choice. I hope I'm never in that position.

Thanks for the hospitality.
bandit99
Re:Howdy - Sunday, August 19, 2018 7:11 PM
Member in blocked list
tort
Re:Howdy - Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:38 PM
Member in blocked list
FaeFerret

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Howdy - Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:46 AM
That's super that you do that for the kits!
Our newest, Jessie, is a pet store surrender, no information, just dumped there, and we figure she was only about 4 mo old, if that.
After having had several over the years, fostered and hospice cared for the local shelter, I get Very Serious when someone asks about getting their first ferret.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread