Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Swollen belly and feat
Liene

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Swollen belly and feat - Saturday, February 03, 2018 6:31 PM
I noticed my 4 yo ferret's back legs were swollen. Then I realized his belly is swollen as well. I used to think he was just getting fat and heavy as it's winter and was eating lots of wet kitten food (Royal Canin) lately. He's also sleeping a lot in last 2-3 weeks and not playing as he used to. The ferret eats, drinks and poops normally. Maybe the poop is a bit runnier. So I took him to the vet on Saturday. The vet injected furosemide and took his blood for testing. Results will be ready by Monday. Also, he's getting an ultrasound on Wednesday. But now I'm starting to think he might be in pain! The ferret trembled when we got back home and I noticed he's breathing faster. I covered him with a blanket, but the vet had said the body  t° was fine. He also hides and sleeps a lot. What could I do to make sure he's not in pain and is not suffering until we find out what the problem is?  Ferret is still swollen.
bandit99
Re:Swollen belly and feat - Saturday, February 03, 2018 9:42 PM
Member in blocked list
Liene

Re:Swollen belly and feat - Sunday, February 04, 2018 6:53 AM
Thank you! The vet said he cannot tell until the blood test is ready or ultrasound done - it might be heart, kidneys, sugar... But then the swelling would not occurred so fast. We noticed his fat belly 2 weeks ago. And legs were swollen on Friday. Today he's all swollen. Even the face. I gave him furosemide again an hour ago.
bandit99
Re:Swollen belly and feat - Monday, February 05, 2018 5:42 AM
Member in blocked list
Liene

Re:Swollen belly and feat - Monday, February 05, 2018 8:20 AM
So the blood test results say: A high red blood cell count (Erythrocytes) and a low hemoglobin count. Still waiting for the ultrasound. I just don't understand the trembling - is he in pain or cold... He's been healthy for 4 years. Caught a cold in October, coughed and had antibiotics. We also changed his food to a better one.
Liene

Re:Swollen belly and feat - Tuesday, February 06, 2018 6:51 AM
The ferret had ultrasound. It's heart. Myocardial insufficiency. Vet said he's had a ferret with this as well. His ferret lived for half a year with this.
bandit99
Re:Swollen belly and feat - Friday, February 16, 2018 4:36 PM
Member in blocked list
Texasy

• Total Posts : 40
Re:Swollen belly and feat - Saturday, May 30, 2020 2:57 AM
There are a lot of ways to lose your weight fast. I promise you that a few months on a smart eating plan, combined with regular exercise, will do more to decrease a person’s waistline, than the top 10 weight loss drugs on the market combined. All that you need - just check the little review https://whatroseknows.com/keto-advanced/ about great preparation that changed my personal life.

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread