Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My ferret Daisy seems aggressive and doesn't play much or seem social.
Jersey

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
My ferret Daisy seems aggressive and doesn't play much or seem social. - Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:25 PM
I have four ferrets, and two of are a little less social than the other. Only difference is one engages in play with the other ferrets, and is more playful than he used to be. However Daisy seems more interested in stealing things, and can get aggressive with things she seems to think are hers. She doesn't like being held like the others but is eager to use you to get out the cage. She does give kisses, but she can bite and get tempermental when she doesn't get her way.  She plays SOMETIMES  but mostly screeches and tries to once in a while scruff one specific ferret and the cats.
unclejoe
Re:My ferret Daisy seems aggressive and doesn't play much or seem social. - Thursday, December 17, 2015 6:30 PM
Member in blocked list
FerretCottage

• Total Posts : 22
Re:My ferret Daisy seems aggressive and doesn't play much or seem social. - Sunday, January 24, 2016 8:14 PM
I had a ferret that scruffed every other ferret and cats that he met. I actually found out later on, through the shelter I got him from, that he'd been trained as a rabbit hunting ferret (which is actually what ferrets were originally domesticated for the purpose of). I then decided that he simply wanted to hunt. So I bought some rabbit pelts and let him 'hunt' the rabbits. He then almost completely turned his attention away from the other ferrets and cats, because he had a new target for his aggression. He still occasionally jumped up on and scruffed a cat, but it wasn't nearly as frequent. You might want to try inspiring her natural hunting instinct by letting her 'play hunt'. It might just be what she's yearning to do, but resorting to scruffing other pets instead. It did deter my ferret's scruffing habit quite a bit.
Mommy of 5 rotten little ferret children:
Timber, Autumn, Summer, Nana, Forest
Writer of the Ferret Cottage Blog.
naturalbirdslove

• Total Posts : 4
Re:My ferret Daisy seems aggressive and doesn't play much or seem social. - Saturday, January 20, 2018 6:38 AM
I have also furry ferret. He is friendly, chubby sweet only with us family members. If another person coming at my home and they trying to play with him, then he become aggressive see unknown person. that time creating problems for us for handling both ferret and our guest. ferret animal is feel comfort with human but my ferret is unique!!!

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread