Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New to forum, hello.
TomServo4prez

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
New to forum, hello. - Monday, December 04, 2017 11:46 PM
I am not having the easiest time navigating this site, I think this will show up in Introductions? My name is Melissa and I have one ferret currently, Gypsy. She is my third, my first two Frida and Diego died in 2011 and 2012, all Marshall. Never thought I would get another after the heartbreak of losing my first two, their short life spans are one of the worst tragedies of breeding/evolution. They deserve cat-like long life spans with their unique and empathetic little ferret souls.. She is incredibly special, I have had a very affectionate ferret but not to this extent, not one bite and is never angry. When out she always sleeps on our feet or laps, loves to give kisses and will sit still patiently for every stranger that scoops her up but also always ready to play and dook it up! She loves stealing stuffed animals and art supplies and loves being held. She is named after Gypsy from MST3K.

I joined up because the community I loved, but honestly hadn't visited in a while, "All About Ferrets" is gone. (http://www.pets-online.net/all-about-ferrets/)

Anyone from this forum? They were so friendly and helpful, never judgmental and quick to help. A year ago I signed up because my 11 month old baby girl was losing weight and I was so scared. She was very slim looking, (she is pretty long) but the vet assured me her being 742 was ok and to come back if she got close to 500. Didn't get any blood tests, the vet said she seemed fine especially since she had no other symptoms, like those of adrenal disease.

She is still not showing any side effects of any disease but is down to 650 grams, always fluctuating. We give her extra food and duck soup but I know that isn't a solution, according to the vet 650 is ok. Can't really feel her bones much and her fur, appetitie and behavior are excellent. Her only change since being a baby is her color, lightened up a bit and her pants are gone. (Thats what I call the coloring on their legs. She still has sleeves)

I just wanted to check in on my fellow ferret lovers and now I sadly have lost my forum and would love to join a new community of people. *I would especially love to hear about your slim "whippet" ferrets and see if anyone else has one that seems super healthy but looks so skinny compared to other ferrets. Would be a nice relief.. I worry too much I am sure she is ok.

Topics I enjoyed on the last forum: ferrets as emotional support animals, ending ferret restrictions in states or countries, photos and stories from other users. I opened up about being bipolar and how great Gypsy is for my anxiety and got a lot of interesting feedback and it turned out I wasn't the only person who relied on their fur baby for distraction from anxiety/mania.

If you're still reading, what color do you think Gypsy is? The color charts don't seem to really fit her and are pretty inconsistent! She is so special, she has a blaze streak, bib and mitts :) Is there a FAQ on how to post somewhere? Thanks a lot have a good one!

Little gift to those nice enough to read this way too long intro, something I just discovered: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ELiTfyqOqg
Attached Image(s)
bandit99
Re:New to forum, hello. - Tuesday, December 05, 2017 6:28 AM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages