Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I recently lost my female ferret lilly
michellestemper

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
I recently lost my female ferret lilly - Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:18 AM
I rescued my male ferret last year in April and my female ferret last year in May from the same shelter. My female ferret got insulinoma and was a great candidate for the surgery. She also was suspected to possibly have lymphoma. They were preparing her for surgery last Tuesday and she had a reaction to anesthesia and went into cardiac arrest and died. I have never lost a fur baby and I have literally been crushed and devastated. My male ferret , Logan, is so sad and not himself . Watching my baby hurting missing his cage mate lilly has me ....I can't even put it in to words. Logan still is eating and drinking but not like before . I bring lilly ashes home this week because I was utterly destroyed last week so much I couldn't. Im still mourning and omg i miss her . I am not ready for another ferret ...but I also can't watch logan go through being sad and lonely and mourning lilly. I want to do what is best for him because as a mom we endure . Would taking him to see if he picks out a new cage mate friend be insulting to lilly memory...emotionally i am still devastated but its so gut wrenching watching my other baby in pain I would move mountains and walk on water. I feel like I am a bad mom because I am even thinking of letting logan see if he wants a new cage mate..because its only been a week since the tragedy of lilly passing on. Can anyone please advise me . Going through this is the worst thing I have ever went through and even though I have 3 dogs , I am still a new ferret mom of not even 2 years. I will never forget lilly or get over the shock of what happened and no amount of time will change that and I know that...what im so concerned of is logan . I gave lilly a great life and she never needed or had to want for anything and she is loved so much. 
unclejoe
Re:I recently lost my female ferret lilly - Tuesday, October 03, 2017 8:35 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages