Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My ferret does not understand the word no.
jmcoln

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
My ferret does not understand the word no. - Friday, August 18, 2017 1:11 PM
Like most ferret owners I am having issues with my ferrets pooping on the floor instead of in a litter box. I understand it will never be 100% but what bothers me is that when I catch them and say NO or clap they don't stop the behavior. Like if I catch Ricardo going against the wall, not even usually a corner, and I cant get there quick enough to scruff him I will say no in a loud deep voice or clap. I understood that it would stop them from doing it at least long enough for me to get to him. Ricardo on the other hand just looks at me and keeps doing what he's doing with no hesitation. I obviously do not want to hit, flick, or do anything to hurt my fur babies or hurt our relationship but I also can just have a undisciplined ferret. The pooping issue is just an example of a unwanted behavior, I am just looking for ways to make my ferret understand that the action is unwanted and to stop when I say no. Would a spray bottle work like with a cat or is there a way to make them understand a loud no signifies a bad behavior just like you teach them that praise and treats were for good actions?

please help me!!!!!
unclejoe
Re:My ferret does not understand the word no. - Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:23 PM
Member in blocked list
wenmister
Re:My ferret does not understand the word no. - Monday, August 21, 2017 3:47 PM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:My ferret does not understand the word no. - Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:51 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message