Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Average cost for adrenal related diagnoses, and treatments
riverferrets

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Average cost for adrenal related diagnoses, and treatments - Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:28 PM
My five year old male ferret Joey has shown symptoms of adrenal and has been treated with lurpon after several diagnostic tests. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out if these costs are above average and I should try looking for another vet perhaps one who specializes.
On the first treatment he was put under and urine removed with a needle to check for bladder infections, then given a muscle relaxant to help with urination problems. This trip cost around $460 all in.

The second visit to the trip he had two xrays, and was put under for blood taken for testing to make sure it wasn't a kidney stone and there were no other health issues. This cost $411 all in.

Finally I was able to get the vet to administer lupron. it was a 200mcg dose and it cost me $239 all in.

I want to arrange surgery for him but I'm not sure what price range it is typically for the operation. I know they can vary a lot depending on location and was wondering what others have paid for it. The vet is suggesting an ultrasound for close to $1200 and she said the surgery would be between $1,400 and $2,200 but it would be a referral since she doesn't so it there.

And help is appreciated, thank you!

unclejoe
Re:Average cost for adrenal related diagnoses, and treatments - Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:24 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 2 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message