Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ferret nipping
Brian1915

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
ferret nipping - Thursday, February 02, 2017 6:37 PM
Hey guys, im new to this site so sorry if I bring something up that has already been seen. I've had my ferret for about 7 month now and he just wont stop nipping. I tried reserching different methodes and tryed them all. Of course scruffing, putting them in a time out box and everything. Usually if s scruff him he'll try to bite as soon as I let go. Some days he wont bite for hours but somedays he will bite my feet every 2 minutes even though I just played with him and he has been out for 4-5 hours. The worse part is that he bites everyone but myself hard enough to draw blood within 1 minute of someone new being around. Im not sure if im doing something wrong or not. Even when I went to the vet they said they have never seen a ferret so "crazy" before and it took 3 of them to give him a shot. ( had him only 1 week at this point and he was only 4 month old) Any tips would be lovely :) Thanks Ps: Also I should add that i can pick him up just fine, he loves to be held. And also he follows be around almost 24/7 when he is out which is nice besides the fact that he keeps nipping at my feet.
<message edited by Brian1915 on Thursday, February 02, 2017 6:49 PM>
bandit99
Re:ferret nipping - Friday, February 03, 2017 6:10 AM
Member in blocked list
Brian1915

• Total Posts : 2
Re:ferret nipping - Friday, February 03, 2017 1:36 PM
Well ife tried lime/lemon already which helped for a hour or two but than he seemes to get used to it. But I'll try that one. Thanks for the advice
YuselinM

• Total Posts : 3
Re:ferret nipping - Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:17 PM
I have tried apple cider vinegar and it worked for a few minutes only, I've watched youtube videos where when nothing works someone can put the fingers in their mouth and kind of push back a little but I dont know that seems too much 

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread