Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gir
rainbow_sitara

• Total Posts : 60
  • Reward points : 0
Gir - Tuesday, August 09, 2016 3:06 PM
Well, every time I read the posts about a ferret who is sick, or has passed, I think "I don't want that to be me."

Here we are.  My very first baby, Gir, is lying in an incubator at my animal Er in critical condition.  We took her to our usual vet yesterday, and they didn't diagnose anything.  They just sent her home with a probiotic and antibiotic for her diarrhea.  She weighs only 1.3 pounds, is 4 years old, and her bum is swollen from pooping a lot.  This happened within the last 3 days.

This morning I took her to a vet that has more experience in ferrets.  Unfortunately, I made the mistake of assuming "exotic" meant that the vet would know ferrets, but from the vet yesterday to today, I can see that is NOT the case.  The vet today said "I don't see how they could have sent her home with you yesterday with as critical as she is."

They are now just trying to save her, and they don't know if they can.  She is so dehydrated and weak, stumbling around, skin and bones, and my heart is breaking over and over again at the thought of her being in pain, or scared, or alone.

Everyone that I tell in my life this story, they just don't understand how much it hurts, because to them she is "just a ferret".  She is the first ferret that I have ever had.  No other living creature will ever be like Gir.  The way she twinkle-toes across the floor.  The way she dooks.  If they can't save her, I just don't know.  I don't want her to be afraid or in pain.

Hello.  My name is Tammie and I am addicted to fuzzbutts.

unclejoe
Re:Gir - Tuesday, August 16, 2016 5:42 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages