Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Elder ferret food question!
Arohk

• Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
Elder ferret food question! - Saturday, July 09, 2016 2:11 AM
In a few months, my sweet little Loki is going to be turning 6 years old! Which I know is getting on in age. Recently, I have noticed him sleeping a little longer during the night than before, but he is just as spry and playful as ever! Unrelated, but there is no signs of the return of his insulinoma since the surgery last year either! Everything is going well!

My question is for his food. Recently I read a report from an animal hospital while reading up on elder ferret care that it might be good to bring him down to a lower grade/different protein formula that will keep less stress on his kidneys and pancreas. He obviously doesn't have troubles now and loves his food, which by charts, is the second best under Epigen that you can give a ferret in the ways of kibble. I don't exactly trust one source, so I figured I would pop by and ask some experts. Should I consider switching him to an old fart diet soon? He is due for tests, shots, and a vet visit in September, so I figured a good workup would be good for the little guy.

So if you recommend getting him on something lower as he reaches old age, which brand or food would you recommend, or should I keep it the same! Thanks and stay awesome, guys!

PS. I am going on vacation to Jamaica tomorrow, so I might not have time to check back here in time, but trust me, when I return, this information will help me out a lot! Have a great weekend, all!
wenmister
Re:Elder ferret food question! - Saturday, July 09, 2016 8:15 AM
Member in blocked list
unclejoe
Re:Elder ferret food question! - Saturday, July 09, 2016 7:42 PM
Member in blocked list

Jump to:

Current active users
There are 0 members and 1 guests.
Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages